Did You Know…
- Metal roofs are safer than most roofing material in the event of a lightning strike.They are not combustible and are less likely to start a fire.
- A metal roof can also increase the value of your home. A beautiful, durable, energy efficient roof that’s virtually maintenance-free is an attractive amenity. In most cases, you can expect to recover up to 85% of the cost of your roof when it’s time to sell.
- A roof can account for 40% of a home’s visual impact from the curb and help attract potential buyers should you decide to sell. In some states, a metal roof also may qualify for a discount on homeowners insurance.
- Metal roofs are exceptionally Long-Lasting. Metal roofs typically last two to three times longer than asphalt roofs; expected metal roof life is 40-60 years or more.
- Metal roofing is a popular choice in areas with heavy snowfall. A metal roof sheds snow quickly, thereby protecting the integrity of the roof and eliminating ice damming at the eaves that can cause water to back up and eventually leak into your home.
- The weight of a metal roof is not an issue for any home structure. On average metal roofing is 50% lighter than an asphalt shingle roof and 75% lighter than concrete tile, fiber cement shakes and slate.
- When installed with solid sheathing, a metal roof can help reduce noise from rain, hail and other inclement weather as well, if not better, than any other roofing material.
- While a common choice is asphalt shingles, a metal roof is the premier product for strength, longevity and carefree maintenance. Asphalt roofing – largely made of oil-impregnated paper or fiberglass – begins to deteriorate as soon as it’s installed due to weather and the sun’s ultraviolet rays. Likewise, wood shingles overtime dry out and crack, and concrete roof tile can fracture from freeze/thaw cycles.